An inventory clerk is responsible for tracking and managing incoming and outgoing supplies, inventory and products within Knet locations. This involves tasks such as stocking inventory shelves and/or sheds, ordering the necessary items requested and updating the inventory system.
The Inventory Control Clerk is supervised by and is directly accountable to the KNet Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE:
- Receive all shipment of goods and verify the order received.
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked at KNet locations.
- Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Prepares list of depleted items, updates quotes and prepares requisition orders to management.
- Organizes pre-counts for mid-year and annual inventory.
- Ensure all work orders are processed correctly and verified against all shipping documentation.
- Pick and distribute parts/inventory to techs and departments.
- Provide quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Able to work extended hours during peak business season.
- Assist in the preparation of inventory and other reports for internal purposes.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on your team, as well as cross-functionally.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of grade 12 diploma combined with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs such as word, excel and outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Good eye for detail combined with strong mathematical and analytical and problem solving skills.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Performs inventory functions in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with generally accepted Accounting principles.
- Completes all duties and activities in a timely and professional manner.
- Works effectively with a minimum of supervision and shows responsibility to completion of tasks.
- Works productively and professionally as member of the accounting team.
- Deals with customers, vendors and KNet employees in a professional and objective manner.
- Maintains the strictest of confidence with regards to KNet customers, vendors and with all personnel and other confidential internal records and proceedings.
- Is willing to acquire new skills and knowledge required to fulfill the position’s roles and responsibilities and sees learning and development as part of his/her job.
- Is able to adapt effectively to changes in workload or work environment.
- Manages time effectively (handles workload efficiently and effectively, reliable attendance, punctual etc).
- A strong background in monitoring and inventory control as well as good problem solving and analytical skills are required.
- Conscientious, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize problems and apply sound solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as time management and organizational abilities are beneficial.
- Experience in inventory control.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of computer information systems and software programs is required.
The role is carried out in both an office setting and off site storage locations; therefore, compliance with health and safety standards is required, including wearing protective equipment and maintaining a safe and orderly workplace, reporting any unsafe conditions, accidents or injuries to management. Understanding of safety regulations is required. firstname.lastname@example.org