The Network Administrator reports to the Network Manager and is a member of the Network Development Team. He or she assists Team members with support, maintenance and optimization of core network services, devices, and communications systems. He or she works alongside senior Network Team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes, and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of network service outages and incidents. Under the direct supervision of the Network Manager, he or she maintains network systems and may configure devices, enable services or respond to end user requests for network status information. The Network Administrator participates in informal and formal network learning opportunities and may travel on an as needed basis.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the Manager of Technical Services the individual will be responsible for:
- performing analytical, technical and support work in the planning, implementation, documentation and administration of all Cisco network infrastructures.
- for day to day operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the network infrastructure.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Provides timely and accurate response to assigned tasks
- Demonstrates capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment
- Manages time effectively and responds to requests to work flexible hours
- Is punctual and regularly attends work
- University degree or college diploma in computing or information technology or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Three years’ experience working as a Network Administrator for a medium to large enterprise with complex technology environments.
- Three years of progressive experience in a Network Administrator role with knowledge of Cisco routing and switching devices, Cisco Wireless Access Points and Controllers, Cisco ASA/WebVPN, Firewall Appliances, UBR devices, Load Balancers, VoIP Telephony, Video Conferencing, Network Performance and Monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, peripherals, and communications equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer networking and cabling infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of communication systems for data, voice and video.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively with KO employees as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to write documentation and training materials.
- Self motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- Poses excellent problem solving skills.
- Understands industry standard safety practices and procedures for electrical/electronic equipment and hazardous material exposure.
Experience in a majority of specific skills:
- Proficient in a Linux environment.
- Experience with multiple Linux distributions
- Knowledge of other Unix-like operating systems
- Extensive experience with Linux command line usage
- Knowledge of the LAMP (Linux, apache, MySQL, PHP) platform
- Proficient at virtualization
- Experience with VMware vSphere environment
- Knowledge of iSCSI and NFS network storage
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux virtualized systems
- Proficient at programming
- Experience with bash
- Knowledge of PHP, C, perl
- Proficient at VoIP communication systems
- Experience with Asterisk based telephony systems
- Knowledge of SIP and IAX protocols
- Proficient at IP internetworking
- Experience with Cisco devices
- Experience with Cisco command line
- Knowledge of IP numbering and subnetting
- Knowledge of routing protocols, BGP and EIGRP
- Knowledge of various standards and formats for transmission of IP packets, such as DVB-S2, MPEG-TS, Ethernet
- Proficient at wireless communication technologies
- Experience with satellite transmission systems
- Experience with wireless transmission systems
- Knowledge of radio frequency propagation and link budgets