The Operations Coordinator, reports to the K-Net Director. He or she ensures organizational effectiveness by managing the K-Net operational infrastructure and overseeing day-to-day operations. The K-Net Operations Coordinator is responsible to work with the K-Net team to ensure the expectations of the K-Net office are provided and maintained.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees day-to-day operations
- Supervises staff and monitors daily performance
- Oversees all office operations
- Oversight and management of KM services
- Oversees Project Management
- Acts as the K-Net Liaison for major projects
- Acts as the project lead for minor projects
- develop detailed project management plans
- set and manage project expectations with external and internal stakeholders
- create and continuously update the project documentation
- Overall Project Management includes: taking part in the creation process, executing the project, preparing communication methods for the team, finding solutions to recurring issues, monitoring the project’s progress from start to finish.
- Manages project budgets
- Provides Procurement and Inventory and Financial oversight
- Drafts and implements contracts as needed
- Acts as the signing authority for purchase orders and payments to vendors and stakeholders as per budgets and signing approvals
- Prepares project quotes and invoices for installation of network and information and communications services
- Monitors inventory processes and ensures inventory levels are maintained
- Ensures all K-Net activities follow all K-Net financial policies and procedures
- Optimizes the operational systems, processes and policies in support of K-Net Operations.
- Promotes the participation by staff in appropriate professional development, training and certification
- Ensures human resource systems and activities are consistent with Keewaytinook Okimakanak Policy and Procedures
- Regularly conducts staff performance reviews
- Supports and encourages a culture of performance excellence and continuous quality improvement.
- Contributes to short and long-term planning and strategy as required
- Identifies and addresses workplace safety hazards or issues
- Other duties as required under the direction of the K-Net Director.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Ensures that service commitments are made on time and within budgeted amounts
- Regularly monitors and reports on Service Desk performance
- Coordinates and participates in staff performance reviews
- Communicates with staff, vendors and partners in a clear, friendly and persuasive manner
- Monitors staff compliance of Service Desk Policies and procedures
- Demonstrates flexibility and capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment
- Manages time effectively, is punctual and regularly attends work
- Experience with planning, implementing and supporting First Nation information and communications technology services
- College and university business degree and a minimum of 5 years managerial and administration experience
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- proven project management and self-management skills
- ability to monitor and control budgets
- Knowledge of the people, culture, history of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation and the development priorities of member First Nations. o ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree or Ojibway is a strong asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate with KO employees, contractors, third-party service personnel and community-based technical resources
- Ability to travel to regional First Nations
- Able to work as part of a team with an ability to manage multiple projects, address service requests and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Effective decision making ability
LOCATION: Sioux Lookout