The Service Desk Field Technician reports to the Service Desk Lead and is a member of the Service Support Team. He or she responds to Service Desk incidents in a timely manner and provides level one Service Desk support to end users, including repair, replacement and installation of equipment, incident escalation and ticket resolution. The Service Desk Field Technician directs and trains community-based technical resources and assists them with the resolution of a wide range of service issues, such as connectivity and device configuration, and maintenance and operation. The Service Desk Field Technician travels to service endpoints and participates in formal and informal quality improvement and skills development activities and share technical problems and solutions with other members of the Service Support Team.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follows Service Desk policies and procedures and provides timely response to incidents assigned to them in the ticketing system.
- Verifies incident description and severity with end users
- Escalates incidents to the appropriate KNet resource for advice and resolution
- Provides timely diagnosis and resolution of service incidents
- Travels to KO offices and First Nations member service endpoints to resolve, repair, replace and install equipment as required
- Updates incident tickets to resolution.
2. Installs, configures, maintains, upgrades, repairs and replaces information management/information technology (IMIT) devices, PC components, peripherals, monitors, IP Phones, OS/Applications software, and interfaces, including transmitters, cabling, and communication outlets
- Provides level two network service support and, under the direct supervision of the Network Team, provides technical support for KO networks, servers and communication systems
- Supports a clean and tidy work place for configuring, maintaining, repairing and packing equipment
- Maintains an accurate record of work performed, including special work arounds or exceptional circumstances and update Sharepoint and ticketing system.
3. Provides internal and external training and support and advice to end users
- Contributes to, delivers and supports training services to end users, including KO staff and contractors
- Assists end users with configuration, maintenance, and operation of devices
- Provides hardware and software and operational support as required
4. Participates and/or leads project tickets regarding planning, purchasing and implementing information technology devices and services. Communicates to all parties involved in the project ticket. Updates project ticket to resolution.
5. Additional duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Provides timely Service Desk response, accurately documents incidents and communicates on the telephone in a clear, friendly and persuasive manner
- Provides timely diagnosis, resolution or escalation of service incidents
- Demonstrates flexibility and capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to travel on a daily basis as required.
- Safety conscious and able to adhere to a highly focused safety culture
- Be highly adaptable to constantly changing technologies, methods, and procedures
- Manages time effectively, is punctual and regularly attends work
- Completion of college diploma or its equivalent in information and communication technologies or computing studies, supplemented by one year relevant experience or demonstrated mastery in troubleshooting, configuring or managing information and communications technology
- working knowledge of electronic systems and audio-visual hardware
- working knowledge of computer systems, peripherals, and communication hardware
- working knowledge of computer networking and cabling infrastructure
- working knowledge of application software to assess problems in the execution of applications
- ability to work independently and in a team to achieve predetermined goals and meet deadlines
- ability to work under minimal supervision, under own initiative and motivated to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills
- ability to travel for both planned service trips and urgent without notice
- Knowledge of the people, culture, history of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation and the development priorities of member First Nations. o ability to adapt to and effectively complete work in isolated and First Nations communities o ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree or Ojibway is a strong asset.
- ability to communicate with KO employees, contractors, third-party service personnel and community-based technical resources
- excellent problem solving and escalation skills
- certified in Fall Protection, Tower Climbing and Rescue
- completion of ITIL-certified coursework
- understanding of industry standard safety practices and procedures for electrical/electronic equipment and hazardous material exposure
- G driver’s license
- must be able to handle up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
To Apply: Send your resume and 2 employment/character references to email@example.com
Closing Date: February 14, 2020