The Finance Manager reports to the KNet Director and is a member of the Administration and Finance Team. He or she is responsible for the financial health of a K-Net LP. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term. The Finance Manager participates in informal and formal learning opportunities and may travel on an as needed basis.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls for KNet LP
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, vendor payments and other transactions to ensure accuracy.
- Work with K-Net Accounts Officer and KO Finance Team to ensure monthly K-Net LP accounting is accurate and up to date.
- Work with the K-Net Accounts Officer to develop a K-Net LP customer collections policy
- Work with KO Accounting Team to manage all KNet managed projects that are on the KO accounting books ensuring that all funding agreement are in place, department codes are setup, expense coding is accurate, review all monthly financial reports and lead all project financial reporting to funders.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports including variances.
- Present financial reports to senior management and board
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior management and board to aid in long-term and short-term strategic planning
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Other duties as required under the direction of the KNet Director.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Communicates in a clear, friendly and persuasive manner
- Responds to requests for information and provides follow-up to the K-Net Director, as required
- Demonstrates flexibility and capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment
- Manages time effectively, is punctual and regularly attends work
- Proven working experience as a Financial Manager/Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Public speaking skills;
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with and experience computer programs such as, MS-WORD, EXCEL, Sharepoint and SAGE accounting
- Ability to communicate with KO employees, contractors, third-party service personnel and community-based technical resources