The Media Design, Marketing and Communications Specialist will lead KNet LP’s internal and external communications and media activities. The Media Design and Communications Specialist will report to the Business Sales Manager/Solution Specialist. The Digital Media, Marketing and Communications Specialist is a member of the Business Solutions Team. He or she is comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, including the KNet staff, KO staff, First Nations and commercial clients to provide turnkey solutions. In this role he or she assesses project requirements, estimates project costs, proposes project timelines and designs and layouts electronic and print materials. He or she also provides initial training in the effective use of web platforms, management systems and tools, and provides ongoing service-level support for KNET clients. The Media Design, Marketing and Communication Specialist regularly reviews the KNET supported domains to ensure that its content and platform is current, and to maintain and enhance its appeal and functionality. The Media Design, Marketing and Communications Specialist will also provide communications development and support.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectivity and strategically manage and grow digital communication platforms (social media, website, app, etc) for all KNet services.
- Oversee brand and messaging across all digital platforms to ensure consistency and engage target audiences.
- Digital Marketing
- Co-create a digital marketing strategy and define communication objectives
- Direct and manage implementation of all digital strategies and projects..
- Research and stay to date on best practices for digital including trends, new technology and effective strategies to reach people online.
- Maintain a strong online company voice through social media
- Monitor online reviews, posts, and comments.
- Mange website implement edits and changes and regularly review website for improvements/updates.
- Maintains and enhances the http://knet.ca domain by improving its design and interactive features, ensuring that coding standards are met; optimizing the web architecture for navigability and accessibility, and ensuring that all web content is backed up
- Summarizes events and announcements of interest to KO and First Nations to be used on KO and KNET multi media platforms.
- Establish our web presence to boost brand awareness
- Develop new ideas for increased website presence.
- Social Media
- Define and implement social media strategies K-Net initiatives and events to increase visibility, engagement, and interest.
- Coordinate the creation and publishing of social media posts (assisting with photography, copywriting and video as needed)
- Capture and share images and video in real time for events.
- Build our social media by communicating with K-Net and KO staff and encouraging them to share.
- Develop social media guidelines for K-Net staff to follow.
- Carries design and web projects from concept to completion while adhering to brand standards
- Gives clients guidance on layout, colours and styles and establishes a target audience for each project
- Meets with clients to determine project purpose, to summarize project requirements and determine financial, technical and usability priorities
- Meets with potential clients to determine their – print, audio, video, animation – media development and design needs, develop cost estimates and project timelines
- Ensures that content is current, accurate and readily accessible to end users
- Designs and layouts for electronic and print materials (flyers, posters, banners, collaterals, logos, invitations, postcards, newsletters, newspaper ads, etc.
- Be a pro-active member of the business team, participate in meetings, work collaboratively, consistently contribute creative ideas and solutions and provide support as needed on all communication projects.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Communicates in a clear, friendly and persuasive manner
- Responds to requests for information and provides follow-up to the K-Net Director, as required
- Demonstrates flexibility and capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment
- Manages time effectively, is punctual and regularly attends work
- A post-secondary diploma in graphic design or a related field and two years of graphics and web design experience
- Possesses creativity and imagination, is curious with a highly developed sense of observation and good team work skills
- Knowledge of the people, culture, history of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation and the economic climate and business development priorities of member First Nations. Ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree or Ojibway a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle stress well under fixed deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills (including artistic and creative visual skills).
- Must have knowledge and proven experience in use and basic understanding of computer and imaging hardware and software.